Home/What to See /The Oughton Estate Windmill
Search 66
The Oughton Estate Windmill
Description
The windmill is a prominent landmark on the John Oughton estate property. The 5-story, eight-sided, steel-framed windmill was built in 1896 to help pump water for the Oughton estate, which included the buildings that now house Country Mansion Restaurant and the Public Library. The estate, including the windmill, was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1980.
Location
Alignment 1926||1930||1940
Northern Region

101 West South Street
Dwight, IL
60420

Contact
(815) 584-3077
Related Images
Information Requested is Not Found
Related Videos
Information Requested is Not Found