Home/What to See /The Oughton House/Country Mansion Restaurant
Search 66
The Oughton House/Country Mansion Restaurant
Description
Built in 1891 on a different site, the Scott Boarding House was moved to the Keeley Estate in 1894. The building was remodeled into a home for John Oughton, a co-founder of the Keeley Institute. When Oughton died in 1925, the home became lodging for patients for the Keeley Institute. When the institute folded in 1965, Oughton's grandson converted the building into a restaurant. The handcrafted oak and maple woodwork and original fireplaces in the lounge area can be seen while eating lunch or dinner.
Location
Alignment 1926||1930||1940
Northern Region

101 West South Street
Dwight, IL
60420

Contact
(815) 584-3077
Related Images
Information Requested is Not Found
Related Videos
Information Requested is Not Found